photo by: www.jenius.com
600 g sliced beef (kobe)
500 g vegetables thick sliced
(Onion, Mushrooms, Green pepper, Corn, Potato (boiled), Spring onion, Leek, Okra, Squash etc.)
Yakiniku sauce (see below)
2 cloves garlic
1 lemon (dipping sauce for salt based yakiniku sauce)
(If possible, prepare these ingredients and dishes.)
1. Rest the meat in a freezer for 1 hour then slice. (about 5 mm to 1cm)
2. Prepare all vegetables (thick slice) then place them in a serving dish.
3. Wash the lettuce and place them in a serving dish.
4. In a bowl, put sliced meat, Yakiniku sauce (1 tbsp for 200g meat), grated garlic and sesame oil then mix with your hand to roose the meat and spread the sauce evenly.
5. Spread the meat and place on the dish.
6. Pour little yakiniku sauce to the small bowl for dipping sauce.
"...and start grilling"
Making Yakiniku sauce
Yakiniku sauce (soy sauce based)
1 clove garlic
1/4 apple peeled and cored
2 tbsp white wine
200ml soy sauce
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp honey
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp roast sesame seed lightly ground
1. Process onion, garlic and apple in food processor.
2. In a pan, put wine and heat to boil. Add soy sauce, sugar, honey and (1) then simmer for 20 minutes with low heat stirring occasionally.
3. Add lemon juice and sesame seed then cool down.
(You can store this sauce 3 weeks in a fridge.)
Yakiniku sauce (salt based)
1 small onion
1 clove garlic
3 tbsp white wine
1 tbsp sea salt
2 tsp honey
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp roast sesame seed (lightly ground)
3 spring onion very finely chopped
1. Process onion and garlic in food processor.
2. In a pan, put wine and (1). Cook for about 3 minutes with stirring. Add sea salt, honey, sesame oil and lemon juice thtn cook for another 1 mimute.
3. Cool down and add sesame seed and finely chopped spring onion.
(You can store this sauce few days in a fridge.)
Use lemon juice instead of dipping sauce, in case you use this sauce.